Arise Counseling Center
Here’s Everything You Need to Know
We’re here to help you with your problems.
Dallas Texas: Genesis Women's Shelter exists to give women and children in abusive situations a path to lead an independent and safe life. Available 24/7 214-946-HELP (4357)
Houston Texas: Star of Hope is a Christ-centered community dedicated to meeting the needs of homeless men, women and their children. Positive life-changes are encouraged through structured programs which focus on spiritual growth, education, employment, life-management and recovery from substance abuse : 713-222-2220
Men who suffer from domestic abuse by women: https://www.helpguide.org/articles/abuse/help-for-men-who-are-being-abused.htm
To find a AA group visit: https://www.aa.org/
Dallas police non emergency number: 214-670-4413
Houston police non emergency number: 713-884-3131
To report abuse of a child or elderly: 1-800-252-5400
Salvation Army: 1-800-728-7825
Red Cross: 1-800-733-2767
Find a Attorney:
To verify a BIPP facility full accreditation please click on this link
ZOOM MEETING RULES
Dear Arise Counseling Center Clients,
Due to the COVID-19/coronavirus starting March 23, 2020, we will begin conducting a group via Zoom. This includes keeping up with accurate and up-to-date information. We strongly recommend checking Arise Counseling Center website regularly to stay in contact with any changes that may take place. Below is extensive internet and media information regarding online classes. We want to make sure that each client has all the tools needed, so that we may have a successful group each week. To help maintain confidentiality and keep good group Etiquette, we have created a toolkit that is hopefully helpful.
It includes the following information for our Virtual sessions:
Choosing to use online sessions should require:
* Good internet connection. If you do not have good internet connection you do not qualify for online groups. You must have a smart phone, tablet or computer you do not qualify for online groups.
* The participants must have a good working computer or smartphone to display their faces during the entire group session.
* All participants must commit to participating in a private quiet space so that others could not observe and hear participants, breaking confidentiality.
* Participants must be in an upright sitting position in a chair not walking around, not in a store, not driving, not laying in a bed, watching television, not in a workplace. Please avoid all distractions while in a group.
* Smoking, and drinking alcoholic beverages such as vipers, etc is not allowed.
* All participants are still required to sign in to the group on time and attend the entire group to receive credit.
*All payments must be made by Friday 8:00 pm to get Saturday's Group code.
*100 percent participation is a must. We are still required to send monthly reports on each client's progress. ‘
If you break any zoom group rules, you will immediately be removed from the group and counted absent.
Because of our concern for the safety and health of our clients and employees regarding the coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, we want to reassure you that Arise Counseling Center has taken several measures to protect our clients and employees, and to maintain an uninterrupted level of service that you can rely upon.
To help prevent the spread of viruses, we’ve increased the precautions beyond those that we use each year during flu season.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
Clean and disinfect “high touch” surfaces and objects every day. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards,faucets and sinks.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
Avoid close contact with sick people.
While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
Wear a mask.
Keep a 6 feet distance apart.
If you feel sick with fever, cough, or have difficulty breathing, seek medical care.
Thank you all for your understanding of these important precautionary measures to serving our clients,
Arise Counseling Center